What if your local business wants to increase foot traffic to its physical location? You need Local SEO Perth.
How does local SEO differ from SEO (search engine optimisation)? Which should you choose for your business?
What is the difference between SEO and local SEO?
Local SEO is actually very similar to SEO in that both are focused on improving your website’s online rankings so that more people see your website. This can encourage them to contact you, find your address, and then purchase from your business.
But there is a key difference.
SEO is designed to improve your visibility at a national level, such as in Australia or Western Australia. Local SEO is focused on improving your visibility within your local area, such as Perth or West Perth.
Search Engine Land defines SEO to be “search engine optimisation.” This is the process of optimising your website so that it appears more prominently when people search for products and services related to your business on any search engine.
These are some of the traditional SEO strategies:
- Keyword research is essential to ensure that the right keywords are used throughout your website.
- Create engaging, in-depth content about the industry, products and services that you offer
- Make sure your website loads quickly
- You can streamline the navigation of your site so people can quickly find what they need.
- To increase your website’s domain authority, earn links back from websites with high domain authority.
What’s local SEO?
Mailchimp defines “local SEO” as “search engine optimisation (SEO) that makes your business more visible in local search results on Google.”
They add that “As a local company, you have the possibility to appear in both the main organic search results as well as the local map packs at the same time.”
Research shows that more than 80% of local searches convert to sales. This is why it is important to invest in local SEO if your business has a physical location and wants to increase sales and revenue.
Google will return a “local SEO 3-pack” when someone searches for something that has a specific location, such as SEO agencies Perth. This is a map with the top three sites that rank for that search term.
Google pulls this information directly from the Google My Business (GMB), profiles of relevant businesses. This is why it is so important to claim your GMB listing when optimising for local SEO.
Local SEO strategies tend to include the following:
- Optimising your business profile for local listing sites like Google My Business (GMB), and claiming it as a marketing tool.
- Earning reviews on local review websites (like Yelp!) Managing these reviews
- Your website should be targeting local keywords
- Website copy that is specific to your location
- Ensure that Name, Address, Phone Number (NAP) information is included on your site as well as in local directories.
- Linking back to your site via high-ranking local sites
Does SEO and local SEO affect each other?
You should now be able to distinguish between SEO and local SEO. Your local SEO efforts will benefit if you do it correctly.
You can use local SEO if you have an existing SEO strategy.
These pages can also improve your SEO results, as they give you more chances to rank higher in search results. Talk to our team today about SEO, local SEO, or both. We are specialists in local search engine optimisation Perth. We can help you achieve the best results for your campaign.