Social media is an increasingly popular marketing tool. All industries use Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok and Facebook to reach existing customers and attract new ones. Instagram is second on the list of most used social networking platforms after Facebook. Instagram has millions of users every day, making it a great way for businesses to increase brand awareness. You can optimize your Instagram account to increase followers and reach. One way to do this is by using hashtags. Continue reading to find out more about hashtags and how to use them.
Why should I use hashtags in my Instagram post?Both businesses and individuals use hashtags to reach more people on Instagram. Companies can use hashtags to reach their target audience. Your post will appear on the hashtag page if you use hashtags in your captions or stories. You can also follow hashtags on Instagram. This will allow them to see posts that include the specified hashtag on their Instagram feed. You can market your business using hashtags on social media for free.
What hashtags should you use for your business?You can turn any topic into a hashtag. This has led to billions upon billions of Instagram hashtags. Many popular hashtags are also used frequently, like #love which has 1.835 million posts. Businesses should avoid these hashtags as the number of people who post them can reduce your post’s visibility. Which hashtags should you use in your social media posts and why? This list contains a number of hashtag categories businesses can use to reach their target audience.
- Use hashtags to describe your product/service, such as #shoes and #haircuts
- Niche Hashtag – Niche hashtags are specific to your industry. For example, #weddingphotography
- Instagram community: An Instagram hashtag can be used to reach a particular audience. For example, #gamersofinstagram
- Seasonal hashtags/special events: Use seasonal hashtags such as #happy4th or #merrychristmas for holiday and seasonal deal posts.
- Use location-based hashtags In order to reach people in your area, you can use the location feature of your Instagram post. #perthcurtains is one example.